A web with a log or a log online; Various strangeness is found in mine. Perhaps an account of the things that I do, Or stories of feats too absurd to be true. Imagined fantasies from a mind that's just odd; Discussions about our good, loving God. If you thirst for weirdness, this shall be a quencher-- Welcome to my random adventure.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

When we last left our story...

Okay, I totally haven't been on here in, like, forever. Exaggeration, yes. But still, it conveys the proper meaning. As some others of you have said, it's been a long time. It's become a ghost town, even.
Not that I don't want to go on, just that my computer is an idiot and doesn't let me post stuff very easily. So I thought I'd post something now, while I temporarily had access to a different semi-public computer. The thing is...I don't really know what to post. So, without further ado, a random list of things that have been going on in my life lately.
1) Corn maze! Those of you from my church youth group (most of you who will read this), we went to a Corn Maze way far out somewhere in rural Virginia on Saturday. That was fun, but it took our group forever to get through, and there was the guy who kept giving us false directions. Good thing nobody was allergic to corn.
2) Wednesday night evangelism course with Way of the Master! Some of us from church have been coming to that to learn how to be more bold and effective in sharing God's love--yes, even with total strangers. I'll admit, the concept is still somewhat intimidating, but I think we're making progress.
3) Driving range! It's a school course where we go on some special range place to learn how to drive. I actually took it over the summer, and almost passed, but didn't. So I'm taking it again this week. Except since I had already done it, the instructor let me cut the time short, and I finished yesterday--and passed! Praise the Lord. I don't really like driving that much, but at least I can do it now, and go on to the actual road course soon.
4) Work! Well, I actually got this whole week off from work at Burger King, because I thought I would need it for the driving range the whole week. So I have a little time off, which means work is going very well.
5) Star Wars! I want to randomly talk about Star Wars 'cause I've been reading a series of Star Wars books, and last night I talked to this one guy about Star Wars. I'm reading the Last of the Jedi series, in which Obi-Wan and the few other remaining Jedi after epsiode III have to survive despite the empire's constant vigil against them. The books are individually somewhat short, but the fact that it's a series and that the writing is good makes up for it.
6) See You at the Pole! This morning was SYATP, in which students at schools all across the nation get together at the flagpole in the morning to pray. We shared Bible verses, prayed, and sang worship songs. Always a good time, and an awesome opporotunity to be a witness to the secular environment around us.
Ok, so that's about all the newsworthy stuff that has happened as of late. Hopefully I'll get my own computer that actually works soon (I almost have enough money; maybe within a month), and can then post more frequently. In light of See You at the Pole, even though not all of you who read this may have been there, I want to close by sharing this verse: "Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify the father in heaven." -Matt 5:16 Basically, it means we should live in a way that lets everyone know what we stand for. We should let our lives reflect Jesus' love so that people will want to come to Him. That's it for now. Until next time!

1 Comments:

Blogger Doc Peterson said...

You went to a maze of maize? How superbly autumnal! I am working on The G.J. Part Trois--got yours and laughed my socks off. Didn't previously think that was possible (but going back to the subject AKA your post...) I'm glad you passed the driving course! You're going to get a computer of your very own? Huzzah, Who-ray, For He's a Jolly Good Fellow and all that! I'll write more to you in a bit--we haven't talked in 4evers.

Check out my newest post and see if you can do the same thing! So much fun and it would be interesting to see what yours would be. As far as Star Wars goes--two of the people coming to my Hallowe- *ahem* Harvest Party will be dressed like that--DArth Vader (of New Year's Eve fame) and Han Solo. LOL. I'm going to be a character from one of my stories!

Gotta Jet...off to Morocco to infiltrate security at the palace. They have bang sticks and pointy things, but I have my...uh, wits? Wish me luck!

~Dr. P

11:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home