A web with a log or a log online; Various strangeness is found in mine. Perhaps an account of the things that I do, Or stories of feats too absurd to be true. Imagined fantasies from a mind that's just odd; Discussions about our good, loving God. If you thirst for weirdness, this shall be a quencher-- Welcome to my random adventure.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

The Adventures of Leumas: Dangers of the Workplace

Despite what people may say, fast food is dangerous work. I work at Burger King, and for those of you who live near me and know the area, it's the one on Timberlake Road, right across from the sickening sanctum of our arch-nemesis, McDonald's. The other day when I was at work, the manager called me in to her office and gave me a dangerous mission. I had been chosen to go undercover and scout out enemy territory at the heretical place known as McDonald's. Naturally I was thrilled at the chance to serve my company, despite the imminent danger.
I put on normal civilian clothes over my Burger King outfit and went across the street. As much as it pained me to do it, I needed to look inconspicuous, so I ordered a Big Mac from my worst enemy (needless to say, I burned the offending burger as soon as I got it). Then, when no one was looking, I was able to sneak past the customer area, into the back where those who have been exceedingly twisted by McDonald's evil reside. Ducking behind the burger-frying machine, I witnessed terrible sights. Crowds of people knelt on the ground, praising their demented leader, Ronald the clown, in his bright yellow suit and despicable red wig. "Hail, McDonald's!", they chanted. "I'm loving it!" My fellow Burger King workers would be disturbed to learn of this, but I knew I had to report back everything I saw.
Unfortunately, at that moment, one of the blinded McDonald worshippers noticed me. "A spy!", he cried. I tried to hide, but it was no use. One of their guards, a large, purple, furry creature wielding a gigantic french fry, came over to me and lifted up my outer shirt, to see my Burger King one underneath. The creature spat in disgust. "A spy from the so-called King of Burgers!", he exclaimed. At this, the McDonald worshippers were furious. "Death to the infidel!", they all cried, rising up to attack me. I ran out of the building and back to Burger King as fast as I could--not out of cowardice, of course, but to get reinforcements to come back later. Yeah, that's it.
So, that's what can happen if you work in a fast food restaurant. It's dangerous work.

Note: This story is slightly embellished. The manager did not ask me to spy on McDonald's; she just asked me to operate the drive-thru cash register.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

That was hillarious!!! I loved it. You should continue your adventures on here. I would love to read them. My mom goes to that evil McDonalds all the time(mainly sundays between services) to get a big unsweet tea. :P she is supporting the enemy. tho, normally she yells at how dumb the people are for giving her a sweet tea. lol. I'm sure BURGER KING would never make such a mistake! :)

7:53 PM

 
Blogger Doc Peterson said...

Chris does not like Ronald McDonald either. In fact, he has a whole plot going on with him>epic battles and all that. He says the clown's real name is Jibber Mcstab-stab. In their last fight, instead of bleeding rainbow colors (like most clowns), his blood was "as black as his soul". Fun read! Glad you got to the Compy Room ;)

2:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home